Friday, June 18, 2010

New Slogan For New Mexico

I recently took a day off from my usual workday drudge to spend a few hours doing some of the things I enjoy doing – like writing these blogs.  The morning went well, but my wife and I shortly discovered that people around us seemed particularly disorganized.  Particularly drivers, who seemed to be generally lost or disoriented:  Cars making left turns from right lanes, stopped for no reason, going too slow, or – the one I like – driving with improperly secured loads.

My wife suggested that these people were “on the border of something wrong with them.”  And it hit me.

We need to change “New Mexico: Land of Enchantment” to “New Mexico: On the Border . . . of being a little bit off.”

In all fairness, I think some of the disorganized drivers were just looking for garage sales – or “Garage Sailing” – without paying attention to much else.  Hope Dad likes the used junk they buy for Fathers Day. 

Happy Fathers Day all!

No comments:

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.